Branding: A Day in the Life

     Hello everyone, I would like to first and foremost start off by saying how I am extremely addicted to social media. I definitely believe my dopamine receptors are fried beyond repair due to the over-consumption of YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms. I primarily visit those sites mentioned the most due to the content that is provided on there. I find that short form videos like TikTok will end up sending me down a spiral of 1-2 hours of nonstop consumption than I anticipated. I definitely can say that I feel a bit ashamed of myself when I have other things to be doing but instead I am sitting there, on my phone, consuming countless videos.
 
    

    I can say I do have positive reactions when I do go on digital media and have a good laugh. However, there are times I do feel like I become numb to everything which is a slight negative reaction. Also I may have developed minor ADHD as sometimes I will click off a longer style video or movie because I need a different form of stimulation. I would say I primarily don't use Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook a whole lot unless I am posting certain photos. With that being said I do prefer to use YouTube and TikTok more than anything.
 
    I do most certainly receive emails from companies although I try and unsubscribe from as many as possible. Email that catches my attention are certain specials or discounts on certain pieces of electronic equipment that I am interested in. I primarily look for like 30-50% discounts and try and nab something for a bit cheaper. I also look for detailed graphics and high quality artwork as that primarily will catch my attention more than a long drawn out text. 
 

    I definitely notice now in the digital marketing age that there are a lot more people marketing towards the younger demographic. They're using certain phrases, wording, and artwork that appeals to Gen Z and Millennials. Digital marketing has seen significant growth over the past few decades. The Millenial Generation is where things really kicked off as so many new sites were launched in the 2000s and you had such sites as Facebook, WordPress, and LinkedIn, all following the hype. Mobile text messaging marketing became very popular in the early 2000s. Now present day the digital advertising industry is valued at around $200 billion.

Monnappa, A. (2023, February 8). The history and evolution of Digital Marketing. Simplilearn.com. Retrieved May 4, 2023, from https://www.simplilearn.com/history-and-evolution-of-digital-marketing-article#evolution_of_digital_marketing__the_timeline

 

Comments